Scholarships offered by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the European Law and Governance School in Athens.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Italian Republic has offered 7 Scholarships for Italian Nationals for the European Law and Governance School
Postgraduate Programs covering one-year tuition fees for the academic year 2017/18 (classes start on October 16, 2017) for the following degree programs:
1. LLM in EU Law: a one-year taught degree program that offers students an in-depth look at key issues of European Union law. Prospective students with a first degree in law or a relevant degree in the field of the social sciences may apply.
2. MA in Governance: a one-year taught degree program that offers students an in-depth look at key issues of Governance, and enables students to choose from a variety of elective courses addressing the most pressing themes being discussed throughout Europe. Prospective students with a first degree in law or a relevant degree in the field of the social sciences may apply.
3. Master of Studies (research degree) a 1-year degree program which enables students to conduct independent research in the fields of Legal Research, Governance Studies, or on an interdisciplinary topic. Successful applicants will be assigned a supervisor, based upon their academic interests, from the renown International Faculty Network of the ELGS. Full time residency is not a requirement for this degree, but students will be required to attend several training sessions throughout the program which will be held at the EPLO premises in Greece.
Prospective students should apply by July 31, 2017 through the website of the ELGS at www.elgs.eu.
The announcement by the Italian MFA is found here http://www.esteri.it/mae/it/ministero/servizi/italiani/opportunita/di_studio/european-public-law-organization.html
….Ogni anno il Ministero eroga un contributo finanziario a titolo di borse di studio di cui beneficiano giovani studiosi italiani dei corsi di Diritto Pubblico Europeo organizzati dall’EPLO.
Per l’anno accademico 2017-2018 vengono concesse massimo 7 borse di studio a giovani di età non superiore a 35 anni, per la frequenza dei corsi di Master di seguito elencati, organizzati dalla scuola universitaria internazionale “European Law and Governance School” (ELGS) di Atene. Inaugurata nel 2013 essa, attraverso percorsi formativi di alto livello, si pone l’obiettivo di preparare giovani studiosi nel campo del Diritto Europeo e della Governance.
Corsi di Master:
- LLM in European Law (importo della borsa di studio 11.850 €);
- MA in Governance (importo della borsa di studio 11.850 €);
- Master of Studies (importo della borsa 13.850 €).
Per accedere ai corsi è richiesta un’ottima conoscenza della lingua inglese – livello minimo richiesto B2. La certificazione linguistica è obbligatoria. Per ogni utile informazione riguardante programmi di studio, requisiti per l’ammissione, modalità e scadenze per candidarsi si rimanda al sito www.elgs.eu.
Some Details on the European Law & Governance School in Athens
The European Law and Governance School is an international university school founded upon the belief that the European Union plays a crucial role in ensuring global stability, promoting democracy, and the overall progress of mankind, and that the core values of the European Union must be upheld while it strives for better integration.
The ELGS also believes that the key source of hope and the only path to successful integration is through the proper education and training of the youth of Europe. Inspired by the values that lie at the heart of the European Union, the ELGS has strives to create a new form of education that is Pan-European in character. This education must start at the undergraduate level in order to create and prepare the next generation of legal and governance scholars to work within the fast-evolving European and International institutional structures.
The idea was initially conceived by Professor Giuliano Amato, Former Prime Minister of Italy, member of the Board of Directors of the EPLO and currently Honorary President of the Board of Trustees of the ELGS. In 2008 the “Group of Rome” was constituted around him and comprised of the most esteemed professors and practitioners. The inaugural launching of the School took place with the ﬁrst symbolic meeting of the Board of Trustees at the premises of the European Parliament in the spring of 2013. The further development of the School followed while 2016 marked the initiation of the School’s programs. The programs were announced at the Quirinale Palace of Italy in the presence of H.E. President of the Republic of Italy Mr. Sergio Mattarella on May 18, 2016.